Students throughout the world are increasingly turning to education agents and the services they provide to help them in the pursuit of an international education. At the same time, research shows a significant growth in the number of UK schools, colleges and universities using agents to recruit overseas students.
Agent training is a core element of our agent strategy, promoting and supporting quality, professionalism and integrity with international education agents, advisors, counsellors and consultants.
The course comprises two units: Studying and living in the UK, and UK education and training. Participants of the course are recommended to spend at least three hours per week over the eight week period learning the material in each unit.
Who should Attend
The programme is designed for UK educational agents. You will be able to strengthen your relations with the UK education providers and offer a better quality service to your students. You will build your skills, knowledge and capability to work effectively on behalf of your organisation.
Why Should you attend
- Effectively promote education in the UK and provide high-quality information, resources and services to potential international students
- Develop your skills in finding the information you need and in regularly updating your knowledge
- Enhance your career prospect if you are not in the sector but would like to become a UK education agent
- Qualify for a certificate that you and your organisation can benefit from since it is well-recognised by all the UK institutions including British Council accredited language schools, boarding schools, colleges, universities, UCAS.
Start date and Orientation Meeting: Tuesday, 16 August 2016
Finish date: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
The British Council Agent Training certificates are awarded to individuals (agents) and not businesses( agencies).
Agents are only eligible for the training if they meet the following conditions.
They have agreements with 2 institutions that are either:
- on the UKBA Register of Highly Trusted Sponsors
- A British Council accredited Language School
- Agents who don`t have agreements, but have sent students to UK Institutions can give the name of a referee at an institution that meets the above criteria
240 BD per agent
You will be contacted regarding the payment method once you register. Payment must be made before the course starts.
Enquiries and Registration
For registration please complete the registration form below and send it to EducationUK.Bahrain@britishcouncil.org