Learn English online and set yourself up for a bright future
Our Secondary Plus Online English course, developed by our team of English experts, will teach you the skills to build your confidence and help you reach your full potential.
You will get the most out of learning English at home with a combination of:
- live online classes with a specialist, highly trained teacher
- interactive independent study, set by your teacher, in an easy to use online learning environment.
Price: BHD 40 – BHD 195
Duration: A 2-week to an 8-week course
Age: 12-17 years
Live online classes with expert teachers help you find your voice
During the live classes, you will:
- have lots of time to speak English and practice pronunciation with your teacher and fellow classmates
- develop your communication skills by working on projects in pairs and small teams
- build up to a final project at the end of each module that has a real-life outcome, such as a presentation or blog
- practise the skills you need for success in school exams and international universities
- focus on real-world topics like artificial intelligence, gaming, ethical food and climate change.
Small classes mean you will get the best out of learning English online because you are guaranteed attention and personal support from your expert teacher.
Develop life skills for a global world from your own home
Our online English course helps you develop into an assertive, independent global citizen:
- you will work on an exciting range of practical and challenging tasks that encourage self-expression and creative thinking in a digital world
- by working with classmates on team tasks, you will build collaboration and leadership skills.
Stay connected and continue learning between live classes
You will prepare for each live class with independent study, set by your teacher to complete at your own pace, meaning class time is focused on improving your English-speaking skills. Using intuitive technology, the independent study offers a rewarding learning experience:
- tasks are specially designed to develop your reading, writing and listening skills
- you will use real-world English materials, such as magazine articles, job adverts, film reviews, music podcasts and sports vlogs to improve your grammar and vocabulary
- a personal journal and dashboard will help you to work on your projects and keep track of your progress, anytime
- you can connect with your teacher and fellow classmates using a discussion forum – chat about the project you are working on and upload work for your teacher to review.
Be yourself and build confidence in a safe and inclusive learning environment
Our secure, online learning environment provides a space for you to be yourself:
- you will be in a class with others who have the same language level and are of a similar age
- your teacher will give you plenty of opportunity to express your opinions openly, helping you to gain confidence in speaking English
- we put your well-being first and have robust measures in place to ensure you are safe and your data is protected.
Secondary Plus Online can be accessed using a desktop computer, laptop or tablet. You can’t use a mobile phone to access our classes because we want to make sure all our students enjoy a quality learning experience.
For your learning experience to be effective, you will need to make sure that you have access to:
- a good wifi connection
- if you have a headset or headphones with a built-in microphone this is ideal
- a speaker and a webcam.